Welsh-medium video-conference provision complements Sgiliath’s core mission in that it combines the principle of extending curriculum provision in Welsh or bilingually through the medium of Welsh and English with innovative delivery. Video conferencing provision form Coleg Meirion-Dwyfor to external schools and colleges was launched with CIF project funding in 2006. We have staff working from Pwllheli and Dolgellau.
Coleg Meirion-Dwyfor and Sgiliaith are very glad to have been chosen as winners for our ‘Welsh-medium and Bilingual A Level Teaching and Learning Platform’. This award was open to every FE college across the UK and aims to recognise where the effective use of technology has had a significant impact on learning and resulted in a more efficient implementation of the curriculum through innovative approaches to teaching.
Here are some of the criteria that had to be met to make it onto the shortlist:
- Innovative use of technology contributing to the development of the curriculum to meet the needs of the community the College serves
- Effective implementation of new models of e-delivery enhancing the learning experience and resulting in a significant increase in learner achievement and other outcomes
- The use of technology which has resulted in the improvement in the quality of teaching and enriched the curriculum
- Effective use of technology which is built into the development of increased organisational efficiency and has achieved significant quantified savings, in business processes and delivery of learning and other services, and/or released time and money
- Effective leadership that promotes and sustains the wider use of technology to support learning and institutional development.