The purpose of this course is to identify opportunities and provide support for lecturers and tutors to produce bilingual resources. Attendees will be encouraged to familiarise themselves with useful websites and online resources for producing bilingual key terms in their subject areas. There will be the opportunity to discuss the design of bilingual resources as well as support to create subject specific bilingual teaching resources and bilingual key terms.
The course is aimed at further education lecturers and tutors who teach bilingual groups. It is suitable for Welsh and non-Welsh speakers.
This is a two-hour course but can be tailored for the organisation’s needs.
Training can be located in a college, or in another convenient location if joint arrangements are made among a number of organisations.
Please contact Sgiliaith for dates of upcoming courses or to organise bespoke training at your organisation.
- Identify the different resources that lecturers and tutors use as part of their teaching practice. Attendees are encouraged to bring some resources they already use to the session and will receive guidance and support on where they may further develop bilingualism as part of their teaching.
- Discussion on identifying opportunities as to when to provide monolingual/ bilingual resources .
- Guidance on the support offered by colleges in relation to the production of bilingual resources.
- Introduction of websites and other useful resources to support bilingual learning and teaching within different subject areas.
- Guidance on designing a variety of bilingual learning and teaching resources and when/how to use them with learners.
- Workshop to create subject specific bilingual key terms with the help of the various resources available.
The training is funded by the Welsh Government.