The aim of this course is to revise the bilingual teaching methodology and needs of a bilingual classroom. This is an opportunity to discuss the needs of individuals. The course builds upon aspects covered in the Introduction to Bilingual Teaching Methodology Training, the Sabbaticals Scheme or the City & Guilds 9375 (Welsh Medium) introducing aspects of bilingual assessment and the use of questions and effective questioning.
The course is aimed at individuals who have completed the provision mentioned above.
This is a one day course.
Training can be located in a college, or in another convenient location if joint arrangements are made among a number of establishments. Please contact Sgiliaith for locations of upcoming courses.
Please contact Sgiliaith for dates of upcoming courses.
Order of the day: Revision Session
- Discuss teaching methods and theories in general
- Making resources appropriate for the situation
- Identifying / Creating Resource(s)
Assessment and Bilingualism
- Understanding what is meant by assessment
- Knowing how assessment methods can vary in the context of existent assessment methods
- Planning questions in order to ensure full participation from the class
- Planning an appropriate assessment strategy
- Using effective questions and questioning to increase student participation
- Choose appropriate questions according to need
- Respond to the College’s needs
- Identifying personal contribution – role and responsibilities
The training is funded by the Welsh Government.